Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CHAPTER FIVE Tamara Lesley

POEMS AND SHORT STORIES by Tamara Lesley

WILD HORSES

'Cowboy' is my name and ropin' is my game. Riding old Dusty we searched by day watching for the many wild mustangs. We ride endlessly throughout the day and into the dusk, not finding the trail that we must, herding mustangs that you can't trust.

Contracting cowboys are hard, tough ridin' men working for payday from the Boss for food and fun and life that they trust. Sorrels, paints, chestnuts and black in color we watch quietly for the stampeding of the stud leading his band of mares. Today was a bust for there was not a whinny from one mustang hoss.

Sitting by the fireside and listening to the men, the six of us exchanged tales of all our wanderlust. Hearing the crackling fire and brewing up a stew we anxiously await for our portion of grub. A knicker from 'Old Tango' tied beside my horse alerted us to an uncertain noise as we quietly pointed to Tom to check out the intruder.

As he crept to the horses we uttered not a word, waiting for some of the mustangs from the herd. Tom swung his lasso through the wind as it bent and whistled he dropped it over the head of a young filly. She reared up and pawed the air, kicking and bucking and screaming for the stud. Not one of us could be heard as they wrangled and fought one another with the force of emotions from filly to man to lessen his hold.

Tom let out a low whistle meaning to craw into the horses without a sound. Ducking and cursing the tree limbs that surrounded us, we managed to sneak up to a wonderful sight. There stood Tom hanging on for dear life, his little filly didn't want to be part of his generous life.

A scream throughout the night was heard as the stud came crashing along the trail with the restless mares. No time for laughter, not even a rope, we jumped onto our horses and surrounded the nosey little filly corraling her into the middle.

As luck would have it we had left our gear still on the horses for fear of a stampede into the morning light. A few hours earlier they were looking for the lost baby in the herd. 'Midnight Black' we named the stud because he was massive and looked as mean as a big wild cat. The filly was dragging Tom by now and he was yelling as loud as the mean stud.

We surrounded the filly and caught her with ease as Tom threw his rope right over the stud. Holding onto him with all his might he stayed with Midnight Black for the entire fight. Tom was twisting and turning and writhing in pain as he held onto the rope for as long as he could.

His leather gloves were wearing thin as he walked his hands up the rope to the horses' neck and with a leap he was on Midnight Blacks' back. The stud was raring, bucking and screaming as Tom was fearfully holding on for his life.

Midnight Black had never encountered a man so strong and determined before. He fought with all his might to rid himself of this giant form of a man named 'Cowboy.' Tom struggled to stay astride his best with all of his might. He wrapped his arms around his neck and entwined his gloves in the longest mane that he had ever felt. Midnight Black was wearing out and began to slowly burn out.

Tom regained his strength and smoothly and quietly righted himself on the stud. He spoke soft words of love and the wild Midnight Black began to understand that he liked the wranglin' man on his back. He stopped for a moment and remembered his fright when he gave a buck that threw Tom a full foot into the whistling air. With the wind knocked out of him Tom landed against the stud of his dreams and decided to ride out this circus of and man and equine.

Cowboys were closing in to surround the Midnight Black and back him into the old corral. Tom nodded to move to the side as he laid his head on the stud with a wicked smile. He knew that he had won the fight and that Midnight Black was back with a fight.

They jumped and flew through the air with one last fight to make it fair. Tom rode his prize into the 'Okay Corral' and friends of Tom's closed the gate with a sigh of relief because it was so late.

Tom dismounted and left the rope dangle, softly stroking him with the end of the rope. Midnight Blacks' eyes were blazing but you could tell that he was truly amazing. He pawed the ground and knickered with a laugh. You could tell he was ornery but had a sense of fairness and fondness for the man who had truly fought him back.

Nowadays you can see the stud running the herd with Tom riding bareback, the two of them leading the wild gang into the 'Okay Corral' to be tamed and gentled with loved. Tom had found his mount to be fair and light of flight. Midnight Black worked hard day and night for his food. Trusting Tom he kept his word that he would work for his love and his food understanding the bond between one man and the love he so depended upon.

Many a filly and a colt can be found throughout the land on your farm or with Midnight Blacks' old background. If you find one who is rank and mean, remember Tom and Midnight Blacks' night of dreams as they fought to lead and learned that they could become a wonderful team.

A dream that everyone could own a horse and have some fun with, large ones, mean ones and ones that were fair, Midnight Black remembers he was once there.

Thank him for your horse because he is the Gand Daddy of all men's equine friends. Gentle your horse and treat him with love because Midnight Black is watching from above.

LIVE FOR THE MOMENT

Live for the Moment

I would say to you, to take life easy day to day.
If that is too difficult, live for the moment.

That is all that matters what is happening in
this time and space.

All of your worries and fears will be allayed if you will believe
in you.

For today is such a small spectrum of your time; which builds upon all other experiences in your journey through life.

What is important is the love that you give to you; to complete
the circle of unending love given to you from God above.

FEELING YOUR TOUCH


When you touch me I tingle with love,
Your gentleness is from Heaven above.
I feel your love as you caress me in
your arms and, know that you love me
and all my charms.

My heart sings with songs of love as you
stroke my hair.
I close my eyes thinking of you and relax
in your arms.

My world calms and cascades around
me with peacefulness and love as your
gentle touch transforms me with love.

ROSALEE

I know I'm an old woman it's plain to see,

But that's not who I am when you're looking at me.

I am that little girl named Rosalee, with long brown hair dangling down my back.

People said I was quite a brat, but I don't think I was really all that.

I am strong-willed it's plain to see.

I know what you're thinking when you're looking at me.

I used to be pretty so I was told, but you'd never know it now that I'm old.

I look in the mirror, and who do I see?

That same child named Rosalee.

Though wrinkles march across my face,

Rosalee, as a child I still embrace.


HANDSOME COWBOY
Written by: Tamara Lesley for her husband Richard Lesley


I met a man just by chance and wondered who he was.
His get up was a little strange from what I had known.
He had on tight black jeans, and tall black boots with a hat to match as well.
His shirt was black with roses red which I found to be quite strange.

He strutted in unaware that I was checking out his style.
He was so polite, and gentle as no man I had ever met, yet I knew not his name.
He returned day after day and we talked, although he dressed just the same.

He had no horse, so ‘Cowboy’ was not his name.
His silver car was a sleek Trans Am with an Eagle on the hood.
It matched his personality as he far outstood any other man that I had known.

Though not understanding his attire, his attitude was grand. He didn’t need a horse or a Trans Am, just to hold my hand.
He had already won my heart with the gentleness of a colt. No man had ever been so kind, nor made me feel more loved.

I found hope in my heart that he would be my man.
We danced the dance of friendly words as we fell madly in love.
The time was quite short before we were sure, that we were meant for one another from Heaven above.

Now, I have that handsome Cowboy without the hat that he wore.
Though in his heart he dearly loved it for what it stood for; freedom to dress and be as free as one whom he truly was. Though giving up his tall black hat showed me his love.

But I lassoed in my Cowboy with all of my charm, and married him quite quickly, without twisting his arm.
Our love has grown and withstood the test of time.

Twenty-five years we have loved as one, and ‘Cowboy’ could be his name, for we have two Arabians oh so fine; who are such a delight to ride.

So, for all the distaste for the clothes he wore, he still is mine.
With a little taming, he now has a name.
Not Dicky that his family called him, that had to be changed.

Combined with mine, we are intertwined as lovers just the same. If you want to check us out, just call us by name, Tammy and Richard Lesley, we always will remain.

He is my handsome Cowboy and protector just as well; my love for him is untamed and will never fail.
Our journey on this trail has been one of love walking hand in hand as we grow from our love.

With love in our eyes and a smile on our face we have grown wise to the ways of the world, working day to day to meet deadlines and let life unfurl.

Just hold on for today no matter what comes, and night time will gently unfold as you hold me in your arms.
Love is what matters when you are with the one you love, especially the one you thought you’d never meet and become as one.

He has my heart in his hand and his love I hold dear, for without his reassurance, I would be no one.
I hold his love in my heart while he is away at work, and pray for each moment that he return safely each day.

I love you Richard with all my heart, and hold our memories dear, for without our love for the world and all the things we’ve done, I am sure that our love would not have been so interesting and fun.

Thank you for the memories of each and every day.
Thank you for the love we share, for without you dear, I would not be the same.

The songs that I hold dear to my heart totally describe you in my heart. ‘Unforgettable’ and ‘Unchained Melodies’ are our songs and will always be.
'Unforgettable’ that’s what you are though near or far.

I will never forget our love and thank God above for giving me such peace in this place and time.
Perhaps in our next life, we will be the same and come back as one again.
I will be holding my breath and calling out his name.

For in the future dear, I wouldn’t change a thing except to promise never to change our names.
Does love last forever, or does it fade away?

Ask me ten lifetimes from now and I bet I will say,”He is my Cowboy, though Richard is his name.
There isn’t a thing he can’t do, so add Genius to his name.”

Living life together has been a game, that I loved playing and praising his name. One day I will make him proud of me as I sing our song, and write the words to describe the meaning of love to the World.

Looking back I wonder where I would be if we had not met and where I would be.
Would I be as happy as I am or would I have made a wrong choice and married a man that would have been half the man that he is today?

PLAYING IN THE SAND

Still small with dark curly hair I loved to play in the sun.
Sitting in the sand box and building a castle, I dreamed one day
of living a life of lying in the Sun, soaking up the rays and having fun.

I grew older and understood that life was not about playing in the sand;
living in a castle and having fun in the sun.

Then one day I met a Prince who stood over me while lying in the sand.
I glanced up at the shadow above me, feeling my heart beating madly as he held
out his hand.

We looked into each other's eyes as I took his hand; then we laughed as we ran
remembering the days of playing in the Sun.

We instantly bonded and felt that feeling of love knowing that one day our
children would be playing in the Sun.

WE THE PEOPLE UNITED WE STAND

We the people united we stand, shoulder to shoulder holding one another’s hand.
We the people the melting pot of the world are standing idly by as the War is unfurled.

We the people 'Big Brothers of all Countries' can not sit and watch as our young people, our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters fall onto a foreign soil not to come home. Some are maimed by the War forever not to walk again, or even perhaps not to talk always watching their back afraid of what is to come.

How much hatred and violence must they experience before their minds become sick with a terrible fear that they can not bear.
How many loved ones do we need to lose until we stand up to the President and say, "Enough is enough."

End the War; bring our people home before we lose our most precious prize, 'Dignity and Pride' for the Love of our people.'

'Dignity and Pride,' our people whom we love so much are giving their lives for weapons not to be found. Oil wells to be burned despite our countries need; still
we stay and fight quite needlessly.

We the people want our 'Dignity and Pride' to step up and let the people of Iran run their own Democracy and stop playing Chess with one another’s men.
We the people must speak our mind and when it comes time to vote change our President's mind.

We the people are just as responsible for not forcing the President’s hand to sign an agreement to step out of Iran and Afghanistan.
Bring our soldiers home back to their jobs, back to their loved ones before one more Soldier falls on foreign soil only never to come home, and stand and tell all about the needless War.

Our soldiers have spoken; and want to come home, saying the War is not playing a game; spoken words of hatred and shame.
How can we win when Suicide bombers are at every turn waiting for us or their own people to be burned?

We the people must step up to the front and speak loudly and clearly saying, “Mr. President, admit that you are wrong. Your intentions to keep this War ongoing is so terribly wrong."

We the people must band together and sign petitions, and write to our Senators to end the siege that has befallen many of our very own men, who have children, wives and families left to make it on their own without their loved ones to come home.

We the people have a voice if we are brave enough to speak out; and not to sit back as we watch the War killing both women and children from Iran and Afghanistan; people who can’t stand and fight for themselves.

We the people owe it to our own men to stand and fight on our own land with words of shame and disdain against a War that needs ended this very day.
Stand up and clap if you agree that banded together we can bring our soldiers home and honor them with love and gentle care for all they have witnessed and had to bear.
Come together and help end this war so that our families can be together once more.

WE WERE STRANGERS PASSING BY

When I saw you strolling by, I knew you saw me smiling as you walked by.
We were Strangers in the Street not knowing who we might meet.
You looked my way and flashed a smile, I felt shivers down my spine.
I knew then that I wanted you forever in my life.

We were Strangers just passing one another in the Street.
I wanted to know your name, I wanted to walk with you hand in hand.

Days went by before we would see one another on the Street.
Your eyes caught mine and I knew then that we would have to meet.
I felt excitement in your flashing eyes as you smiled at me crossing
the Street.

We were Strangers just passing one another in the Street.
I wanted to know your name, I wanted to walk with you hand in hand.

You stopped me and asked my name, I told you "Jenna is my name and
that having fun was my game."
You said your name was David and I smiled.
I told you that I loved your name.
I held back my thoughts from wanting to say, "Let's be serious
and not play mind games.

We were Strangers walking together down the Street.
I now knew your name, I wanted to walk with you hand in hand.

You asked me out for Dinner tomorrow night.
You said you felt that you knew me forever and didn't want to let me
out of your sight.
We enjoyed that night as you held me in your arms.
You lovingly kissed me as we said good-night.

I laughingly agreed that you had caught my eye.
I couldn't tell you that you sent shivers down my spine.
I couldn't tell you that I knew you were mine.
We walked together for a while sharing our lives and ambitions
for about a mile.

You told me you that you were looking for someone to love.
I told you that I knew I was the one.
You held my hand, oh so tight, you wouldn't let go for the
rest of the night.

We were Friends walking together hand in hand.
I wanted to know all about you and your lifes plans.

We shared our plans and our goals, together we agreed we would walk
hand in hand.
Hand in hand into the night, hand in hand throughout our
life.

As time went by we bacame engaged, I was so happy I was going to be his
wife.
He was the perfect Man for me. We loved strolling together in the night.

Then one day someone knocked on my door.
Standing there were two Officers looking sad.
I quietly asked them what was wrong, one said "Have a seat, we have bad
news to give you tonight.
They shared with me the nightmare of my life.

They said my David was hit crossing the Street in the night.
He was holding my picture in his hand and on the back it said, "My love
forever to hold tight."

We were no longer Strangers walking down the Street.
Now he was in my Heart but could never again hold my hand.
My heart was broken, my life torn to shreds as I dreamed of him tightly
holding my hand.

As I slept fitfully throughout the night, I felt him so near but out of
sight.
I cried and cried out his name praying to God that it was a dream.

I woke up the next day, wiping my eyes and repeating his name.
I heard him call out my name, I heard him say,
"Jenna, the love of my life I will be with you when you walk in the night.
Have no fears for I am near, I am in your heart, I am in your eyes, I am
in your thoughts there are no good-byes."

We were Lovers sharing our dreams but disaster destroyed our lives in just
a moment of time.
Fate stepped in and ruined our plans; but somehow I could still feel
you in my heart as we walked together into the night with me whispering
softly calling out your name.
You come to me in my dreams sharing our love in the still of the night.









No comments:

Post a Comment