Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CHAPTER EIGHT animal stories by BDC

FLAME



by WilliamCash Neve

Hello there you two legged people my name is Flame

I'm biggest of the litter and that's my one claim to fame.

I like to get on top of things looking for something to chew.

My master puts things way high so I won't get them, but I do.

He put his slippers on top of a high dresser so they'd be safe.

But I got them and chewed them to pieces all over the place.

I don't know why I do these things; I guess it's the puppy in me.

My master loves me cause I'm smart, but I do make him unhappy.

I remember one day I found his lower choppers in a drawer.

Now he just munches because he can't chew any more.

I was so sad because I had never seen a grown man cry.

From now on I'm gonna be good, I know I can if I really try.

There are six of us dogs who live in Big Daddy Cashes domain.

Two have to go, I hope ones not me cause I do want too remain.

I love my Big Daddy Cash and this place is where I want to be.

All together Billy Bob, Miah, Tootsy, Sweetheart, Bobby and Me.

Oh, And My Big Daddy too!



 
SWEETHEART

by William Cash Neve

 

My canine family keeps growing and growing so there are more stories I haven't told yet. Each member is as important as the last and each one with a story.

 Sweetheart is comfortably stretched out in her lounge chair making eyes at me so I wink at her and say; “Don’t worry Sweetheart I'm writing your story now.”

 So now the main focus is on my little sweetheart, Sweetheart is named Sweetheart because she truly is a sweetheart. When I was telling you about my other canines she climbed up on the upper most part of her lounger with one ear perked up and the other hanging lazy over her cheek. She kept her big brown eyes on me the whole time I was writing.

 Just looking at her with those big brown eyes, one ear up and one ear down and a painted on smile you can’t help but know that she’s a sweetheart. Any way she’s colored pure gold with a white mask on her face that goes from her snout to her forehead. She’s got what looks like a lazy ear, her tail is shaped like an ell and she walks with a slight limp. This is what I’m about to explain…

In 2004 I rented one of my apartments to a young couple who raised Pit Bulls. The young man was Steve his wife’s name was Nicole and they had a 5 year old daughter named Brittney. I’m mentioning this because it will make it easier to tell Sweethearts story. Sweetheart’s life began with this family and now I am going to reveal the shocking truth.

Sweetheart’s original name was “Fighting Bitch”. What I didn’t know when I rented to Steve was that he raised Pit Bulls to be fighters. The meaner he could make them the better fighters they’d become.

It turned out that Steve was a drug addict a thief and a liar, but that’s another story.

The “Fighting Bitch” as Sweetheart was called was beaten, starved and chained. The beatings were often and torturess and starving her would make her fight for her food. They called her the Bitch and her life was really a BITCH. Sweetheart had one professional fight and lost to a larger and meaner Pit Bull. Her ear was almost torn from her head, her tail was broken in the middle and her left hind leg had multiple fractures.

Had I known what was going on right under my nose I surely would have stopped it, called the humane society and had Steve arrested for animal abuse. I knew nothing!! At least not until a domestic problem surfaced.

It appears that Steve had a lot of money bet on the “Fighting Bitches” fight, when she lost Steve celebrated by getting obnoxiously drunk, came home and severely beat his wife and daughter. His neighbor called the police and he was arrested for child abuse.

I didn’t see Steve again and Nicole took her daughter Brittney, left in the middle of the night and hasn’t been heard or seen since.

When I went in to clean up the apartment a week later I found Sweetheart chained in a closet more dead then alive. She has been a gift and a pleasure given to us through the mercy of God and a prize member of my family ever since.

She is sitting here now beside me looking me right in the eye she’s pleased that I finally told her story. For a dog that was trained to be mean she’s got to be the sweetest most loving creature in all of humanity


LADY TELLS HER STORY

by William Cash 


I really enjoy writing animal stories it's kind of an obsession once I start I don't want to stop. I'll be half way through one story and thinking about the next. The following is in the catigory of truth and fiction, I hope you like it...

Now I’m going to show you just how smart my Lady Lab is, believe it or not she wrote you a story. Go ahead Lady, tell them your story.

 My name is Lady and I'm a big black Lab., not really that big I was the runt of the liter. I guess for a Lab I'm small, but I think I'm pretty big. Cash brought me in from outside so that I could tell my story, he always tries to show off my smarts, that's one of the reasons that I love him so much.

Well, for a dog and I never was treated like one, I have a very good memory. I can take you all the way back to when I first became a part of Cashes life.

My brothers and sisters were from the highest pedigree line of pure bred animals that were raised to be show dogs. Unfortunately for me, I was the runt so I didn't belong. My breeders were going to have me put away and I remember that day well, I wanted to live.

They had already called the veterinarian and he was going to euthanize me, whatever that was, it sure didn't sound good. Anyway my breeders were on their way out the door, with me in a cage, when they ran into a neighbor who told them about a guy down the street who had just lost his companion a dog named Brock.

They decided to see if he would take me. You don't know how happy this made me. My heart was thumping and my tail was wagging as they knocked on Cashes front door.

My world came to an end when Cash told them that he didn't want me, that the loss of Brock was to hard to take and he didn’t want to get that close to another living thing. They said;

"That’s OK we have an appointment to have her put away." Cashes reply was…

"You can't do that I'll find her a home."

Oh thank God, I had found my home. I would make Cash love me so much that he'd never give me away and that's when I became Cashes very best friend and constant companion.

 My first real home was on Roosevelt Ave in a small suburb called Sugar House. Boy was I a lucky dog. Cash and I took to each other right off the get go, and that's the truth.

My new home was really nice and cozy. Cash gave me run of the whole house and it was lots of fun exploring the closets and under the beds, sometimes I'd find the neatest things to chew on or take outside and bury.

I remember once finding a real nice boot under the bed and I assumed that Cash had left it there for me to play with while he was away so I chewed on it the biggest part of the day.

Wow, they say that only dogs get mad and people get angry. Not true! Cash really totaled out. Gosh, I never heard so many new words and he ranted and raved for days.

He said all his life he'd wanted Tony Lamas so he finally bought a pair and now he only had the left one to wear. He was so angry that I thought he would never get glad. I knew I had done wrong and I really was sad, but Cash finally got over it and then I was glad.

Cash said many times that no dog would ever measure up to his Brock, so my greatest desire was to prove him wrong. I wanted to be the best I could be, so my master Cash would really love me.

I remember one time when I pooped under the living room table and Cash scolded me and put me outside for the longest time.

Then there was another time when I pooped in a shoe, ha...ha...ha...This I have to tell you about, it's really a funny. There was this salesman Cash new that was really obnoxious, when he visited us he would take off his shoes and put them along side the couch and they would stink up the whole house. Well I had to go really bad and there were these shoes that smelled just like shit so I plopped a good one right into one of them.

Wait a minute I'm not through yet! I'm just getting to the best part. The guy got ready to leave and put on his shoes and you should have seen the expression on his face as the poop oozed out around the top of his shoe.

Cash laughed so hard that he rolled on the floor and that guy never came back to our house any more.

When I was little I was always doing things that would upset Cash, not on purpose I want you to know, and I think it was just the puppy in me. Another thing I want you to know is that when I did bad things Cash never hit me but boy could he give a French Blessing and sometimes they'd last for days.

It took me about a year before I grew out of my mischievous ways and we both managed to survive.

I grew to love my master, Cash, more and more with each passing day. I wanted him to be proud of me and love me in the same way. I tried real hard to learn to do all the things that would please him.

Jack, our mailman trained me to take in the mail, he worked with me for weeks until I had it just right. Jack would hand me the mail and I would deliver it right to Cashes favorite chair. Soon I started doing the same thing with the newspaper. My reward was a pat on the head and the simple phrase, "Good Girl."

Sometimes Cash would talk to me like I was human and could understand all that he was saying. I learned to nod or shake my head when he was talking to me, an even though I couldn't understand every word, he thought I could. Usually by his actions or his expressions I knew what he wanted…

You know, it was pretty obvious that Cash liked us four legged creatures better than he did you two legged ones because he always treated us so much better.

Well my friends I have to go now but there's a whole lot more I'd like to tell you if you'll let me.


REX WANTS TO BE LOVED

                     
 
 
 
 Hi there stranger, my name is Rex. I have been abandoned and I'm looking for someone to love me. There are dogs just like me in animal shelters all over America. We don't want to be put to sleep, we want to live, we need a home. Please visit the animal shelter near you and adopt a four legged companion. You'll never be sorry you did...
MY DOG BEAR
 
 
 
 MY NAME IS BEAR
Bear my golden retriever died of old age one year ago today; this is his story as told by Big Daddy Cash.
 
I have a huge back yard surrounded by a 7 foot fence and a double gate with links and steel. I keep the gate locked always so it’s a safe haven for my animals.
 
I’ll have to paint you a picture to get you in the proper frame of mind. Picture this; it’s the middle of the winter, there’s four feet of snow on the ground and the winds are having conniption fits. Low and behold this 200lb dog shows up just outside the gates but I wouldn’t let him in because I figured he’d eventually go home where he belonged.
 
He was hungry so I put dry food out for him and that seem to appease him. Then I went in the house and forgot all about him. The next morning I grabbed my snow shovel and went outside the gates to clear the driveway and I noticed a large pile of snow along side my truck. I didn’t give it a second thought because the snow had been drifting all through the night leaving large drifts all over the place.
 
I finished cleaning my driveway then went over to clean my truck and low and behold that big pile of snow started to move.  It was Bear (I named him Bear because he looked like a big polar bear). Bear adopted us and became part of our happy family.
 
Bear was a gift from God and a real blessing in disguise. He graced our family for five happy years.

No comments:

Post a Comment